Our blog, keeping you up-to-date on our latest news.

Corporattica Theme: Version 0.2

September 20, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Announcement, Blog, Download, Featured, Theme | 66 comments

First of all, thank you all like this theme. And I also received a lot emails complaining that this theme is not so friendly to wordpress plugins. There are thousands of plugins in the wordpress community, and most of them are very helpful to the wordpress users. So a rule of thumb for a good wordpress theme should be plugin friendly besides the design (of course, design is also the major rule to choose a theme).

In the new version, i fixed this significant issue by including the wp_head() call in the header.php. Besides this, the issues mentioned in the prior blogs like
1. security issue in timthumb script
2. sending email issues
are all fixed in this new version (actually the v0.1 also includes these fixing)

The download url is

corporattica v0.2 (Size 543.7 kB)

This release is more like a bug fix release, there is no design changes. So please refer to the old version for features and credits and installation guide.

V0.1 http://pengbos.com/blog/a-new-free-premium-wordpress-theme-corporattica-is-ready

Installation Guide: http://pengbos.com/blog/corporattica-theme-installation-guide

<< Back to Blog Discuss this post

66 Comments to “Corporattica Theme: Version 0.2”

1. Martí says:

Hello

First of all I want to say that the theme is great.

Secondly I would like to ask how I can change the language that the page is displayed to support characters with accents (does not). And how could I add a comment.

The first question is urgent especially since I use a language with accents and do not show well. And the shortcuts bar is not visible. There is space but can not see anything.

admin Reply:

If you are using other languages rather than English, the Cufon font javascript should be disabled. Otherwise, the characters may not be displayed.

2. chen says:

yes beautifully

3. didim says:

nice theme thanks and its clean, worth trying

4. Andrea says:

Many many many thanks for your great theme.
    I’ve one question about the slide effect.
    Is it possible to change the effect from slide to fade?
    How can I do this?
    Thanks for your patience and your support.

Hi

please add direction: ‘opacity’ to the slider show property. for example

{ interval : 4000,
    direction : ‘opacity’,
    easing : ‘easeOutBounce’,
    duration : 1200,
    auto : true,
    mainWidth:980,
    buttons : buttons}

5. Drew says:

Hi..thanks for this theme…can’t believe it’s free!

Quick question…how do i get the slider images to appear? i’ve created an About Us and a Contact Us page in both Posts and Pages and in the Posts I uploaded images for each hoping for it to appear in the slider.

Please advise…thank you!
    Drew

admin Reply:

Hi, I would suggest you reading the installation first : http://pengbos.com/blog/corporattica-theme-installation-guide

Drew Reply:

thank you admin…love this theme!!!

6. Taylor says:

Firstly, beautiful theme! Well done!

On to my question, I would like to remove the photo carousel from every page except for the homepage, is there anyway to do this? I have tried a few things with my relatively simple coding knowledge but couldn’t get anything to conclusively work. All help is much appreciated!

Best,
    Taylor

Taylor Reply:

In fact, I lied! My relatively simple coding knowledge pulled through! Thank you very much, anyways! I’m sure I will have questions in the future 😉

Best,
    Taylor

7. Nicole says:

I am having an issue with the navigation menu at the top showing up as a bulleted list as opposed to an across the top white navigation as shown. I’m working on this website for a friend – the address is http://gdproofandcorrect.com. I was wondering whether anyone might have any ideas on why this might be and what I should change in the CSS to make it look more like the original.

LogonRajni Reply:

Hi Nicole,
    This theme supports two menus, one footer and one main. From the Appearance / Themes / Menu, add the menu to the Primary and Footer Menu.

Regards,
    LogonRajni

8. jason says:

hi

this theme is great… just wondering how much would be the charges for the footer link remover ?
    thanks

9. Dani says:

Hi.
    There isn’t no support for excerpt in HOMEPAGE posts.
    Any suggestion?
    I’d like to display only excerpt for 3 HOMEPAGE sections on front page.

admin Reply:

Hi you are right, there is no excerpt field for the homepage section. If you want to display only part of the content, you can use “more” tag.

you can refer to this post: http://codex.wordpress.org/Customizing_the_Read_More

Excerpts (teasers) can be shown on WordPress through inserting a quicktag called more into your post at your desired “cut-off” point.

10. Amanda says:

Hey,
    This is a wicked theme, thank you. I just had a couple of questions if that’s ok?

I’d like to put an image in the sidebar of the home page – but I don’t know where to do this, please could you explain in layman’s terms as this is my first WP site!

Also I’m trying to use the Contact 7 form with it but I keep on getting a failed to send message with it – have you encountered this?

Thank you so much again, other than these bits I’ve found it really simple t follow and I love it!

Cheers

Amanda

Hi Amanda

1. please go to the widgets, and add a text widget, input and that’s it. you can follow this post http://pengbos.com/blog/the-power-of-wordpress-text-widget

2. the email is working for me. could you send me your web site url, i can do some investigation for you.

THanks
    Admin

11. Jpriroda says:

Thank you for quality design, slightly altered, and use it on your site.

12. Cesar says:

This is a very good theme.

I’m trying to put pictures on the slider but I can not do it, I would like to explain to me step by step how to put images in the slider

admin Reply:

Hi there is a step by step installation guide: http://pengbos.com/blog/corporattica-theme-installation-guide

Thanks

13. Ashwin says:

Hi,
    I had a question about the bits section. Is it possible hyperlink the image directly to the post?
    Instead of just zooming into a lightbox, it would be more useful if the image could link to the post directly.

Otherwise its a great theme!

of course, you can!

Ashwin Reply:

How?
    Sorry but I am a newbie, could not find an option for this in the admin section :)

admin Reply:

you have to change the code in the home.php. I will send you the code

14. JohnE2x says:

I love this theme it worked so well I have a few questions

1. how do I change the footer info that says “copyright pengbos.com css from solucija -remove upon purchase” ?

2. How do I add a logo at the top instead of just the name of the company?

3. is there anyway to remove the grey box and time stamp or to at least remove the bright red highlight from it?

Thanks so much your awesome!

Hi
    1. you need to purchase a license for commercial use, with out the credit links.
    2. go to the header.php, change the code bloginfo(“name”) to an image tag.
    3. yes, you can, remove the description section in the slider in header.php

Thanks

JohnE2x Reply:

Awesome thanks for the info where can I purchase a license for commercial use.
    Do I just donate please let me know thanks.

admin Reply:

you can send money through paypal: pengbos.com@gmail.com
    or you can pay through the donation button.

thanks

15. Simon says:

Hi
    I got an issue with navigation menu above slider and heading in BITS and in sidebar in Internet Explorer 9.
    What i can do to fix this problem

admin Reply:

what’s your issue? if you can send me the link, and i can have a look, it will be much better.

Simon Reply:

Hi
    Thanks for the replay.. That’s the website
    As you can see the is no Navigation menu text ( only right boards )
    And the yellow colour bits is gone too..
    So what you advise?

Simon Reply:

Hi
    Also how to change the colour font text and the hover font colour at the navigation text menu..? And the colour text in side bar?
    All the best
    Simon

Hi Simon

please try to comment out the Cufon script in the header.php.

Simon Reply:

works grate
    Thanks a lot
    I will use a template for this project ..
    To remove the footer copyrights what Ii need to do is just buy the license for $8 and that’s a one-off cost for the template and i can use the template as many times i want..
    is that Ok?

Hi Simon,

$8 is the price to remove one credit link (css created by). You must buy a regular license if you want to remove both credit links, and you need to pay 25$ for a regular license. And one license is only for one website, you cannot use it as many times as you want. Sorry for that.

Thanks

Simon Reply:

Hi
    How i can remove the top bar above the header?
    Also how i need to you for the CSS and link to be remove?
    Thanks

admin Reply:

i did not see the top bar above the header in FF. And you need to pay through paypal.

Thanks

16. Taylor says:

A couple things:

Firstly, I donated a bit of money in hopes that I could get all of the data/info from your demo site as there are a few of the page/table designs that I would like to implement. If you could send it (or instructions on how to obtain it) to the corresponding email it would be much appreciated.

Secondly, I have colored the background behind the main pages links (in order to put a white rectangle around the text of each of the links) and I would like to enlarge them so that they should up on two lines (similar to the links above the picture on: http://dschool.stanford.edu/ but not above the pictures) however, I do not know how to get them from not just kicking (or wrapping) a line under the logo image in CSS. Thus, my question is how can I turn off the wrapping from the top menu buttons in CSS?

Thanks for a great template and for your time!

Best,
    Taylor

17. Fleep Tuque says:

I generally like the layout of the theme, but wanted to tweak a few things for our purposes. So far I’ve figured out how to do most of what I wanted.

First, I wanted to point out a fix for anyone else who has trouble with the slider not allowing the links to be clickable on the images (or pointing to the wrong post). See the post at http://landofcoder.com/supports/new-topic.html?id=1303 for the fix. It worked very well for me.

Also, if you want the slider to fade to images instead of slide (as it shows on the demo site and someone asked above), you need to edit the js/lofscript.js file and change the direction: ‘opacity’ around Line 81.

Finally, the Contact page email form is not working for me and I haven’t found a fix yet, so if anyone has ideas I’m all ears. The error message is very vague, it just says:
    “Sorry, an error has occured. Please try again later.”

I haven’t changed anything with the contact form script that should be causing an error, so not sure if the issue is with the page-contact.php file or with the contact.js but if anyone else can confirm they are having the same problem or have a fix, it would be much appreciated.

18. Dani says:

I’ve found a bug in image alignment…
    If I choose an alignment for an image inside a post, CSS force a default layout.
    So I can put images on the right or on the left of a paragraph.

Any suggestion?

Dani Reply:

Fixed!

Just add to MAIN.CSS file:

img.alignright {float:right; margin:0 0 1em 1em}
    img.alignleft {float:left; margin:0 1em 1em 0}
    img.aligncenter {display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto}
    .alignright {float:right; }
    .alignleft {float:left; }
    .aligncenter {display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto}

19. mike beaton says:

Just wondering why the punctuation doesn’t work? Does anybody else have that issue (with the headers, etc)?

admin Reply:

please try to remove the cufon script

20. HI , this is a great theme, I still learn to use this theme into my site , nice work

21. Dave Howard says:

Hello Admin

Can i ask how we can change the logo (top left) instead of having just text?

we are liking the template very much but had to use this fix for the images to appear in the slider http://www.ridhuan.com/blog/2010/12/solving-the-timthumb-issue-on-000webhost/ was this ok and is it safe?

we will pay for the license ASAP when we have everything working

Thanks in Advance
    Dave,

Thanks Dave,

first, if you want to change the logo, you have to go to the header.php find the code:

<!-- logo -->
    .....
                <?php echo bloginfo('name');?>
    ....
    <!-- /logo -->

change the bloginfo(‘name’) to an image tag

< img src="http://yoururl/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/blpheader.jpg" />

and if you are using the timthumb from the latest corprattica theme, it is safe.

22. Robert says:

Hi,

– First of all, if I change the post-size nothing changes in my posts. How can I change the length of my posts and customize this?
    – Does it take a lot of work to change the slider type (nivo or something else)?
    – Is it possible to add a drop shadow around the body of the page (so header, body, footer, all included)?

Thanks,

Robert

admin Reply:

1. yes, you can add a “more” quick tag to the place where you want to cut off the rest content. see http://codex.wordpress.org/Write_Post_SubPanel#Quicktags
    2. no, it is not very hard. but you need to know how to code
    3. it might be possible, but there will be a lot of changes.

thanks